I took out a health benefit policy effective Jan 01, 2008 with Direct Medical Network Solutions, Inc.. Upon receiving information about this policy, I realized that it wasn't what I expected. At that point I called the customer service department to cancel the policy. The lady that I spoke to assured me that the policy would be canceled and I would receive my membership fee of $135 plus my initial monthly fee of $179.

They then proceeded to bill my credit card for another $179 for February and I tried calling them back to see what the problem was. I was shuffled around to several different people after waiting on hold for anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes or longer for each person. They finally told me that the person I needed to talk to had left for the day and would not be available until the following Monday. They told me that this person would contact me, but they never did.

I finally called back and after the same shuffling around and being placed on hold for about 45 minutes total, I finally spoke to the head of customer service. After explaining the situation to him, I was told that he would get back to me in about an hour(which he did). At that time, he informed me that I would not receive any refund, but that my account had been cancelled.

This cost me $493 for something that I never used nor didn't want in the first place.

Let this be a warning to anyone who contacts Direct Medical Solutions Network. They ignore you on purpose until after your 30 days are up to cancel and receive your money back!!

I am considering contacting the BBB to see that these charlatans don't get away with this anymore!!!

Had an Experience with Direct Medical Network Solutions?

Comments

I had a similar experience. Got enrolled in their program. Received the information from them and it was NOT what I was expecting. I thought what I enrolled in was health insurance but once receiving the information, it was a health insurance DISCOUNT program and not health insurance. However, when talking to the sale representative "Nick" who sold me the program did not mention or spell that out in detail or omitted information. So I had paid the enrollment fee and the monthly fee. I, too, was told that I would get BOTH the enrollment and monthly fee back if I was not happy with it.

When I received the packet and reading what it really was, I got on the phone right away and called the phone number listed in the packet. I called and told them that I wanted to cancel because it was not what I was expecting. I tried to call "Nick" because I needed to cancel with him apparently but couldn't get him back right away so I left a message. I left a couple of messages. I was told later that they hire a third party to help them sell their products. I then spoke to a couple of "customer" supervisors two different ones; a woman and a man. I was told that I would get the monthly fee back since I called right away but that I would NOT get the enrollment fee refunded. I was also encouraged to give it a try for at least a month and see how it goes and works since I have the packet. I told them I wanted to cancel. I told them that I was told this by the sales representative that...

---RSLD

I was taken for over $2700.00

The salesman who contacted me assured me how great this company was.

Found out otherwise when I went to use the card.

I have filed complaints with the state attorney general in TExas where they work out of and NY state consumer affairs. They shouldn't be allowed to operate. It's a scam.

Did anyone know this company is underwritten by us life insurance who is underwritten by AIG?

Mooers, New York, United States #5502

Contact your State Department of Insurance ASAP.